Chair: David Huband
- Chair welcomed all to the meeting
- Minutes of last meeting agreed
- Refugee Sub-Group
The Refugee sub-group have created a factsheet about refugees which will go up on the website shortly, as well as extra additional background information. David asked if anyone takes the EDP, as the group aims to keep in touch with local affairs and respond to relevant letters. No one at the group took the EDP so David will ask Carl to put out a request via our database.
ACTION: David H
- Refugee Social Event – July 19th
There will be a social event in the “underbelly” of the Rumsey Wells on the date of our next meeting. We will have the first half of our meeting in the Charing Cross Centre as usual, and then walk over to the Rumsey Wells together at about 8.30pm. There will be music, poetry, chat etc.Please buy drinks to support the Rumsey Wells (soft drinks for the refugees will be provided).We would like to provide some finger food. Please contact David Huband if you can bring along a dish. If you are aiming to make a meat dish, ensure that the meat is Halal. Please also provide a label so that people know what the dish is.
- Letter Writing Group
Alex offered to lead a sub-group dedicated to writing letters to prisoners of conscience and other AI dedicated action. He has created a FANTASTIC google drive with lots of letters and information which can be accessed using this link: https://goo.gl/duP5HJ.
Talk: Ben Margolis from The Grange
- The group worked through a letter for the EDP written by David H regarding Grenfell Tower and refugees, suggesting amendments.
- Everyone at the meeting wrote a postcard for Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe.
- David H brought up the action on the AIUK website regarding the chair of Turkish Amnesty. PLEASE sign: https://www.amnesty.org/en/get-involved/take-action/free-taner/
- Magnum Photo exhibition currently now on in the Forum Library and Friends Meeting House.
- Halesworth Gallery currently has an art exhibition (June 10th-28th), with all prints sold in aid of Amnesty International.
- The Common Lot, a cooperative theatre group, are putting on “Come Yew In” a play about migration to Norwich through the ages, in parks across Norwich from 30th June – 9th July. Look online for venues and times.
- “We Are All Strangers” exhibition at Stranger’s Hall, June 23rd, 10-4.
- Peace Vigil, July 1st, St Peter Mancroft, 12-1.
- “Border Control” play on at the Norwich Arts Centre, July 3rd, 5pm.
- Peace Camp, July 15th
- Refugee Sub-Group next meeting, July 27th, 7pm at Marzano’s in the Forum.
- Pride Day, July 29th.
The next meeting will be held on Wednesday 19th July 2017